As we discussed on Wednesday, SEO can be a huge help in getting your business to the top of the search engine rankings, but it can also be overwhelming and confusing. Here we offer five suggestions for using SEO to your benefit (and keeping it simple — there’s no reason to reinvent the wheel here).
Increased traffic is probably the most obvious benefit of using SEO, as well as one of easiest and least expensive. You can get to the top of the search engine rankings by using your company name on everything you do. This is especially practical if you have a blog — you can always make your company name one of the tags on your posts. It won’t happen overnight, but over time, your ranking will move higher and higher.
SEO is basically free, especially if you use it organically. By allowing for organic rankings to happen, you don’t have to use sites like AdWords that charge for ad space. Naturally occurring SEO rankings also allow for more consistent, steady traffic to your site. It will fluctuate, but not nearly as noticeably as it would with other paid advertising.
Using SEO provides you more credibility when it comes to branding. The higher up you are, the more people will trust your brand and recommend you to others, helping you to become the brand to use. It’s also more beneficial to become the top brand organically because many people will block ads, possibly never seeing anything you have to offer.
This isn’t really a suggestion, but it may persuade you to use SEO to the best of your ability: 60% of people select the first result that comes up in a search, leaving a measly 40% of people interested in results two through one million. Wouldn’t you rather be that first result and get all the clicks?
SEO results are permanent. While paid ads might have some benefits, they have a finite lifespan. With organic SEO, you’ll stay at the top once you get there. It’ll require a little maintenance on your end, but it’s easy enough to do as part of your daily social media routine and won’t cost anything.
What are some benefits you’ve found in using SEO?