As with any social media site, there are do’s and don’t’s to Google+. They aren’t hard and fast rules, but suggestions for ways to approach using the site and making sure you get the most out of the time you spend promoting your business with G+.
1. Do use the site to maximize visibility. Using G+ will increase your visibility in the search results. By sharing blog posts and other content to the site, you can get your business to the top of the search results all the faster.
2. Do use G+ to maximize SEO. Since G+ is designed to work specifically with Google’s search engine, you can maximize the SEO, also helping you to get your business to the top of the search results faster.
3. Do strategically share content. If you sort your followers into circles, you can pick who you share content with. For example, if you’ve written a blog post on using Facebook advertising you can choose to share that post with people who are specifically interested in using Facebook ads to promote their business.
4. Do take advantage of the formatting options available in Google+. You can use bold, italics, underlining, etc. to make your posts stand out even more to your circles.
1. Don’t neglect your profile. It can be easy to forget you’ve signed up for a G+ account. For most, whether they own a business or not, G+ isn’t as prevalent in their lives as Facebook or Twitter might be.
2. Don’t post text-heavy content. As with any other social media site, you’ll want to include images in your posts on G+. They are more likely to get shared if there are images.
3. Don’t run promotional offers. Unlike Facebook and Twitter, G+’s terms of service prevent users from running contents and/or promotional offers on the site.
4. Don’t post irrelevant content. Keep your business life separate from your personal life.
Do you have any do’s or don’t’s for Google+?